Can't Run Program

I have a program generated by someone working on the same project. Not sure exactly how it is generated, but it is supposed to be a self contained executable. It is a simulation of the user interface for a device we are designing. He updates it periodically as we make changes. When I try to run these programs by double clicking the file name in Windows explorer (win10) the cursor turns to an hour glass for a moment, then returns to the pointer and nothing else happens. I suspected the AVS and tried giving every permission I could find in the Comodo UI. Eventually I got it to work. That version still works.

I realized I would be going through this repeatedly, so I copied this program to another location with a slightly different name, removing the rev number. The idea is to replace this file with which ever the latest version is so I won’t have to muck with the AVS to get each new copy to run. However I can’t find the magic control to enable this file to run.

I’ve added this file to the “do not sandbox” list and the “trusted” list and the AVS exclusions list. I can’t find any other controls to tweak. There’s no way to search the “trusted” list and it has so many items on it that I can’t actually see that it is on there, but I tried adding it again and it said I was replacing an existing entry… so I said, yes, do that.

It’s so bizarre that I can’t find any mention of why the program is being halted. What am I doing wrong?

BTW, does geekbuddy chat work? I’ve been waiting for someone to respond there for half an hour or so.

Hi @gnuarm,

Please check your Inbox for private message and provide requested details.

Kind Regards,
PremJK