12.14 updated XCS version issue

Hi @QuickSilverST

Thank you for providing the details. I have updated the same to the team and requested them to look into this issue . The previous ticket #4923195 related to this same issue.
I shall update as soon as I have received feedback from the team.

Thank you!

Thank you very much.

This version is crap. Uses large amount of memory, slows down systems and other weird issues.
We are removing this from our virtual and physical desktops, when we do the problems are going away.
We are replacing it with the stable version.

absolute crap.
We see this across the board.
How this is even get released.
This is CPU utilization constantly.
Not running scan or anything else.

high cpu

hi @SmartCloud ,

our development team is already working on this issue to get this resolved. I have requested for feedback from their end , CODEV-9548 is the ticket reference number under which our team is working regarding this issue. I shall update you once received their feedback.

Appreciate your understanding and patience.

Thank you.

No understanding or patience here.
This is crap and should never have been released.

Same issues faced this side, only the version works well is 12.10 of CCS

Yes, this is also starting to stick out his head at our clients. Also getting more complaints machines are slow, also had clients ask if there isnā€™t another antivirus we can use. So, we also had to put out some fires. Also, more BSOD and then install 12.10 and problems goes away but then loose on some of the new features, but thatā€™s better than all the calls we get.

@QuickSilverST i have good news for home users of Xcitium https://forums.comodo.com/t/new-cis-2024-is-coming/358487/368

I removed 12.14 on a bunch of virtual devices and some physical.
2 of the physical machines went bad. one with bsod and one with tons of system errors.
Have not been able to fix the last one so I consider that one BSOD too.

Today I have removed 12.14 from several virtual machines. Several will not uninstall correctly so I have use the comodo remover. Reinstalling is not working correctly on all of them.

This is crap. Be ashamed for putting out this in production.

Hello all,

I want to let you know that we are planning to release a new version XCS 12.15 next week where there are plenty of performance improvements including CPU and memory usage optimizations.

Stay tuned for more information.

2 Likes

LOL.
Will not trust anything coming from you guys for a long time.

Nothing but problems with the last version to the point I canā€™t even get it to reinstall correctly.

Very sad the way that this worked out. I had the same issues that you all had. Lots of unhappy and untrusting customers. Business interruptions in customers environments, some machines that need to be reloaded from the after affects of the new versions still not done yet. And I have no back pockets in my jeans due to the butt chewing I received for the weeks this was going on. Who of this group is going to deploy 12.15 in a production environment? The worst part of this whole thing is that the trouble did not seem to happen the minute the new versions were installed. The trouble seemed to lay dormant for a period of time, then the calls came in. I went from 12.10 to 12.13 then 12.14. The original trouble I had was that I had was all of a sudden 12.10 was giving a hugh amount of notifications about one drive, out of the blue. So I was told to upgrade to 12.13 because it had some feature that was needed to make this go away. I am sure they will get it worked out, but my time and money invested in my clients to resolve this is gone.

Sweet will check it out!

1 Like

Ya i agree, 12.14 is a an problematic release

Will run this in a test enviroment for a long time before release.

And Valkyrie will be integrated in CIS 2024 too so its same as Xcitium AEP Valkyrie.Auto/Manual.Malware@1 and FLS too

Ya same here. Had some clients asking canā€™t we install another antivirus. I had one client said to me you remove this crap antivirus now! I was trying to explain and they said they donā€™t want to hear it. So i had to remove it, now they are using windows defender. So i lost 15 devices, not alot but itā€™s alot for me. We did manage to keep the SLA support.

i hope XCS 12.15 will fix this issues and im so sorry J ITech that you lost 15 clients its sad

@ilgaz you guys should start releasing XCS 12.15 right now because @QuickSilverSTs customers are not happy at all