3rd Party Patching

I am curious as to where the 3rd party patching master list pulls from. Is Xcitium scanning those products from the vendors to see if there is an update to present to the patching list or is it done manually? I ask as I have noticed VLC has gone to 3.0.20 awhile ago but all that is presented to update to is 3.0.19. Not sure if this happens with other 3rd party items, possibly Adobe Acrobat. How often does the list get updated to upgrade levels?

1 Like

This! I’ve also been looking for a way to add/request items not on the list, but haven’t had much luck in finding out anything so far…

hi @mphillips / @kwallity ,

I will check with the team for the feasibility and get back to you.

Thank you

hi @kwallity / @mphillips

List of supported software is created basing on software popularity and requests from customers. Every version is added manually because it requires testing and installing/updating methods verification. Once verified the backend team will be adding the software version which would take time to complete.
Hence request you to kindly share the details of the software along with the version that needs to be added to our support@xcitium.com email address , Our team will take this request to increase the priority to add this software in the processing queue.

Thank you

1 Like

@mphillips I’ve logged a ticket with support to get VLC updated.

1 Like

@mphillips VLC has now been updated on the 3rd party patching platform.

1 Like