A thread on useful monitors and procedures

Hi everyone! I thought it might be useful to have a central location to refer to when looking at potential monitors and procedures to incorporate into our environments, so I’m starting a thread!

For instance, by default we have a monitor for “Recommended System Performance” that tracks CPU/RAM/Disk usage, and alerts if over 95% for 5 minutes. Does anyone implement any automatic procedures when this alert triggers?

Another example: Our environment has a GPO to create system restore points daily on our endpoints. Using an existing Xcitium script, I created a monitor to check this, and create a restore point if one hasn’t been made in the last 24 hours. It runs 3-4 hours after the GPO task is scheduled to act as a form of resiliency in the instance the original task fails.

What other kinds of automation are you guys using with these?

1 Like

Hi kwallity,
Great idea for the thread. I am afraid that I have a lot to learn about Xcitium yet. I struggle with simply getting the firewall set and to respond when a client calls, angry that an update to their proprietary software does not work. So yes the monitors and procedures thread will be helpful and I hope that I will be able to contribute at some point to this thread.