Application Agent is not running

I did not see a forum topic for “Apllication Agent”, so I posted here, advanced endpoint protection.

I keep getting “COMODO Application Agent is not running!” About every minute when connected to the internet. Especially if I am running Firefox or Thunderbird. Thunderbird is not reaching my mail servers. Also, LibreOffice now runs sandboxed, it did not used to.

In task manager Details tab, I see two instances of “cmdagent.exe”. One is running, and the other is suspended.

I am running Win 10 Home version 1903, installed 8/2/2019. But this ‘agent not running’ started today 8/14/2019. CIS is version 12.0.0.6818, updated 8/14/13:56.

Help! This situation is stopping my work. I may have to switch to my Mac.

After a 3rd re-boot of the PC, all the problem symptoms have stopped. I am waiting to see if the problems come back.

Are you a Win10 user who just got the Build 1903 update?

It broke so many things… including Comodo… I reverted back. But Comodo is still shutting down… or the Application Agent is.

@zombiegak ,

Please submit us a ticket over https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit and choose Internet Security Support

And… The problem of ‘Application Agent not running’ is back today, repeatedly. It happened once yesterday. Submitting ticket now.

The ticket resulted in a request to install an app GeekBuddy to let someone take control of my PC. I requested help troubleshooting it myself, without GeekBuddy intrusion.

Hello @EricRatliff,

We understand that you want to resolve your issue regarding the Comodo Application Agent. The best resource to assist with this is the Geekbuddy support team. If you prefer to not use remote access support, we can recommend speaking to them over the phone or sending a ticket.

Thank you for understanding.

I am comfortable calling them or using the ‘get live support’ button in Home/Settings of CIS. However, for the moment, the app agent message is not appearing. I will probably wait till the problem presents itself again.

Same issue here after updating to Windows 10 Build 1903. Completely uninstalling, then reinstalling Comodo Firewall solved the problem for me!

Hi @oliverthom707,

Sorry for the trouble caused. We have created support ticket to investigate and analyze the issue.
Please provide us the requested details.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

If your Application Agent is not running, there could be several reasons why this is happening. Here are some possible causes and solutions:

1. Check if the Application Agent is installed: Make sure that the Application Agent is installed on the device where you want to run it. If it is not installed, you will need to install it before you can use it.
  2. Check if the Application Agent service is running: If the Application Agent is installed, but not running, you may need to start the service manually. To do this, go to the Services app on your device, locate the Application Agent service, and start it.
  3. Check if the Application Agent configuration is correct: Make sure that the Application Agent is configured correctly. Double-check the configuration settings to ensure that they are accurate and up-to-date.
  4. Check if the Application Agent has the necessary permissions: Verify that the Application Agent has the necessary permissions to run on the device. The Application Agent may require administrator or elevated privileges to function correctly.
  5. Check if there are any conflicts with other software: Sometimes, conflicts with other software installed on your device can prevent the Application Agent from running. Check if there are any conflicts or compatibility issues with other software on your device.

If none of these solutions work, you may need to consult with the support team or documentation for the specific Application Agent you are using for further assistance. Denver Limo service