Application Installs

Is there an easier way to push an application install with Xcitium from the Windows Application Store than to install one app at a time? Currently, my understanding is I can find the app, and it can push install to ALL DEVICES, or you can individually add devices for the app to be installed. Is there any way to do this with multiple applications at once? The procedures menu appears only to be able to keep already installed apps updated and won’t install an app if it does not exist on the endpoint.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome if someone has a good method for doing this within Xcitium. Outside of Xcitium, we have ways to do this, of course. Just trying to use the platform we pay for to do the work.

hi @dminga

Could you please check the below screenshot and let us know if the same procedure works for you. If it does not please do share us a screen recording to us which will help us check further

Thank you.

Hi @dminga

Unfortunately, there is no way to install an app from the Windows Application Store to a group, and if you enter the names of multiple endpoints, and want to install the x64 version, it will actually install the x86 app instead!
The same applies to selecting multiple apps and installing them at once.

This issue has been present for many years, but I understand there is a chance it will change if the patch management system is changed to use the 3rd-party Chocolatey platform instead.

1 Like

@nivedithab , the problem is this will install x86 versions of all those apps instead of x64.

1 Like

@nct could you please share me the screenshot or screen recording indicating this , which I can forward it to the backend team to look into the same

@nivedithab The backend team are well aware of this issue.

The best of way installing applications using Xcitium is using PROCEDURES. However the problem was you cannot attach the EXE/MSI with procedures. The procedure expects your host your EXE/MSI to somewhere and expose a public URL and then use that URL to install the application. This was not acceptable to us.

So we host all the applications in Nexus Repository Manager and use Chocolatey to install and upgrade them. You can then in your procedure “choco upgrade ”

If you are okay with the public chocolatey then you can use it straightaway. Just ensure that all workstations have the chocolaltey client installed and configured.

2 Likes

Thank you to those that replied. You confirmed what I thought and offered good feedback.

The screenshot you posted is exactly what I referred to in my post. Being unable to send to a group is the biggest problem for my organization.

Thank you.

1 Like

Are you getting any error , if possible could you please share screenshot

@nivedithab , I think you may be misunderstanding the issue. @dminga can’t install an app to a group of devices and this is a limitation of the platform.

hi @nct

I under your concern the limitation of only being able to send only the x86 version of the applications when bulk installation is requested, I had requested for screen recording as I thought @dminga is facing issue with even assignment of bulk application installation to a group.