Firewall Component

Hi All,

I am interested to hear your perspectives on the utilization of the firewall component in our community. If you are using it, could you please share your experiences so far? Alternatively, if you have chosen not to use it, could you shed light on your reasons? Thank you in advance.

FLS Malicious

I don’t use the firewall component extensively, as a hardware firewall is also at the net gate to help block intrusion. However, I add several rules to block specified applications from connecting to the internet. Especially a bulk of applications secretly download files from the internet, as well as collect and send out telemetry data.

Personally, I hope the firewall component can provide an option to block the containment application from connecting to any address.

2 Likes

@Redstraw do you submit unknown files to Xcitium for analysis?

@Nik I don’t do that often. I don’t have extra time to test malware samples or unknown softwares.

1 Like

i love to submit files to Xcitium for analysis all of them are bad by Xcitium

Great work to help improve the FLS :+1:
We all will benefit from your effects.

1 Like

i also submit files to Verdict Cloud and also gets bad all of them by Xcitium

1 Like

This file is clean by Xcitium

@Redstraw did you use CAMAS in the past?

Yes, the hardware firewall provides protection at the network level but not at the endpoint level.

“Personally, I hope the firewall component can provide an option to block the containment application from connecting to any address.” This is done if I’m not mistaken.

I haven’t used that yet.

I haven’t found the option, can you give any detail?

I thought there was something there but you maybe able to block containment items from accessing the network under the containment module. Maybe someone from Xcitium team can chime in.