Hotfix Release Notes of Xcitium Enterprise (June 13, 2024)

Hello Everyone,

We would like to inform you about a scheduled hotfix release for Xcitium Enterprise, which will take place on June 13th. The deployment is expected to last approximately 1 hour. During this period, we do not anticipate any disruptions to the portal. If you observe any issues after the release, please feel free to share them with us.

The release schedule was implemented as follows:

• For the US and the EU regions, on Thursday, 2024-06-13T07:00:00Z

Please check the release notes that are marked by the new release!

Xcitium Enterprise June Hotfix Release (June 13, 2024)

Xcitium Enterprise & Platform

IMPROVEMENTS

Xcitium Enterprise Platform is completely revamped so that it allows users to easily find the exact feature and functionality at a glance.

• “Endpoint Security” under Security is now renamed as “Endpoint Zero Trust (EPP + EDR + ZD)” – mentioning about every single unique feature of Xcitium where it provides Unified Zero Trust for endpoints
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Investigate” submenu is renamed as “EDR” – where the users will now understand where exactly to look about EDR telemetry.
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Blocked Threats” is renamed as “Blocked Threats (NGAV) – implying that this section is a part of Xcitium’s next-gen AV technology.
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Quarantined Threats” is renamed as “Quarantined Threats (NGAV) – implying that this section is a part of Xcitium’s Next-Gen AV technology.
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Contained Threats” is renamed as “Contained Threats (ZD)” – implying that this section shows how Xcitium is protecting your endpoints against “unknown” malware thanks to its patented “Zero Dwell” Containment technology.
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “HIPS Events” is renamed as “HIPS Events (EPP)” – implying that this section is an essential part of Xcitium’s Endpoint Protection Platform.
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Firewall Events” is renamed as “Firewall Events (EPP)” - implying that this section is an essential part of Xcitium’s Endpoint Protection Platform.
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Data Loss Prevention” is renamed as “DLP Configuration” and moved under “Endpoint Zero Trust (EPP + EDR + ZD)” section
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Data Loss Prevention” is renamed as “DLP Events”
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Cloud Security under Security menu is now renamed as “Cloud Security – Zero Trust” , and moved up under Endpoint Zero Trust
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Cloud Assets” and “Cloud Workloads” sections under Assets menu are now relocated under “Cloud Security – Zero Trust”. This helps user to see/manage everything related to cloud under single pane of glass.
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Event Analysis” under Security menu is now renamed as “SIEM – X”. This makes Xcitium’s in-house developed and native SIEM component visible to users.
    Old UI:

New UI:

• Added “Threat Labs” as a new menu item which enables users to easily navigate to worlds most enhanced AI and human expert powered Threat Analysis Center where each and every “unknown” file is turned to “known good” or “known bad”.
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Assets” menu is renamed as “ITSM”, where all features and functionalities related to IT and Service Management is located under.
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Devices” under Assets menu is renamed as “Device Management”.
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Configuration Templates” under Assets menu is divided into different sections:

• “Patch Management” section under “Software Inventory” is moved under ITSM menu
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Vulnerability Management” under “Software Inventory” is moved under ITSM menu
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Global Software Inventory” under “Software Inventory” is renamed as “Desktop Application Control”, and moved under “Application Control” section under ITSM menu
    Old UI:

New UI:

• “Mobile Applications” under “Software Inventory” is renamed as “Mobile Application Control” and moved under “Application Control” section under ITSM menu
    Old UI:

New UI

• “User Management” under Assets menu is moved under “Management” menu
    Old UI:

New UI:

BUG-FIXES

• Fixed an issue about data being loaded very slowly under Contained Threats – Device list.
  • Fixed an issue about displaying wrong usage numbers under “Bill Forecast” page under License Management section.
  • Fixed an issue about system preventing EDR agent installation without a “Client Security” profile is actively used.

Appendix

NEW PORTAL VERSIONS

• Xcitium Enterprise Platform: 4.30.0
  • Xcitium Platform: 9.1.3
5 Likes

Thanks for the update, but going forward- how can we get notices like this before they are applied? Especially when drastic changes like this are implemented.

I still use the classic interface, so this isn’t a major issue for me (aside from the fact that I prefer to stick to the older interface…) But I’m sure those that use the new interface will be thrown through a loop until they wander over here and find the forum post…

1 Like

@kwallity, it should be posted here https://xcitiumstatus.com/ but looks like the page isn’t being maintained. @ilgaz?

I have asked similar questions to them before, but have not received an answer yet. When I find something abnormal on the platform, I go to the forum to find out if there is any updated information.

1 Like

Still lot of things are ONLY available in Classic Menu, so when it will be migrated to the new UI? We do not mind using the Classic Menu but right now its creating confusion as the main landing page does not have all the options to manage the platform. Another issue is the moment Classic Menu is launched, this main view times out even though we are still working

1 Like

hi @myr

We understand your concern, we will take it forward to the concern team , Please do provide us your valuable feedback on the options which you find it necessary to be available in enterprise platform which are already available under Classic view . Our team will review the same and take necessary action to provide best solution

thank you

My understanding is that Classic View is going to be deprecated. So every feature should be available under Enterprise as that is the main landing page. There is no benefit in maintaining two different UI to manage the platform especially if one times out while we are still working on the other one.

1 Like

@myr

our team is working on it to bring everything under one UI and in the future we would make it available under one platform

1 Like

I’m glad to hear you guys have this idea. Currently I’m still using the classic view, because some interfaces in the upper layer of Xcitium now simply stitch the classic view.