Issues with Xcitium 12.16

Hello, After installing Xcitium version 12.16, I noticed serious problems on Windows 11 22H2:

• The favorite folders section disappears from File Exporer, it concerns the section in the red frame (re-pinning ends with an error)
    explorer_bwJM0NJuqa

• Clicking this button in Outlook from Microsoft 365 Family results in the message that I do not have permission to perform this action
    OUTLOOK_NBRiYN125B

I had the permission issue in outlook for POP/IMAP accounts in previous version as well.

hi @kamiloxf

could you please share the logs along with screenshot with our support@xcitum.com email address to investigate the issue further.

How do I deliver Xcitium logs? Am I a relatively new Xcitium user?

hi @kamiloxf

please download and run the following report tool on the affected device: http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/cisreporttool/cisreporttool.exe

The tool collects both XCC & XCS logs and attempts to upload them to our SFTP (The device name is included in the name of the output).

Once the upload has been completed, Request you to drop an email all the details like screenshot with the local device name to " support@xcitium.com " which will automatically create ticket.

@nivedithab Ticket #1569 has been subbmited

1 Like

Bumping this to say we’ve had issues with XCS creating a condition where we can’t run installers, can’t uninstall it, have to backup and reset the entire endpoint. It’s rare but when it happens boy does it. Believe it has something to do with the update routine, it seems to happen then for us.

Update: Saw this behavior on an endpoint, went to remove XCS afterwards, fails with Error Code 2203.

@BeeHiveCyberSecurity Have you tried using Xcitium’s uninstaller tool?

Yes, fails as well to run, errors out that there’s no Password set but there is in the configuration we’ve tested.

hi @BeeHiveCyberSecurity

Apologize that you are facing this issue.
In order to further investigate the reported issue, please download and run the following report tool on the affected device: http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/cisreporttool/cisreporttool.exe

The tool collects both XCC & XCS logs and attempts to upload them to our SFTP (The device name is included in the name of the output).

Once the upload has been completed, Request you to drop an email all the details with the local device name to " support@xcitium.com " which will automatically create ticket. Internal discussions about your issue have already begun and opening a ticket provides us with a communication path between you and support. The follow up process is also will be crystal clear as all you would require is to reply back to the same reply email with your queries and doubts which you receive back.

Please make sure to include your contact information , all error screenshots and other details related to issue when you drop the email.

Thank you

Thank you @kamiloxf , I will follow up with the team on this issue and update you on feedback.

hi @kamiloxf
the issue has been escalated to the development team and they are working on it. I shall keep you posted on the status.

hi @kamiloxf

our team has provided recommendations for the issue to be performed. Requested you to follow the same and share your feedback on it.

Recommendations:

1. Open the device on EM Portal > Associated profiles > Open the profile and change the next settings with AV Tab

1.2. Disable the option ‘Block all Microsoft Office documents containing macro script’,

1.3. Change ‘Use heuristic scanning’ option to ‘Low’ value, because ‘High’ value can be a cause of additional issues. To get more details, follow the link:

1. Uninstall XCS from the device via Control Panel, because during the latest installation process, some errors occurred:

1. Restart the device after XCS uninstall.

2. Check that XCS remnants aren’t found on the device using offline removal tool
    Offline removal tool.7z (513.4 KB)

via running it several times until notification about absence of XCS remnants will be received - follow the steps shared on video capture:
How to use offline removal tool for deletion XCS ONLY.mp4

Running of the tool should be finished, on this step, when XCS remnants aren’t detected anymore:

1. Restart the device and be sure that pinned icons appeared:

2. Push XCS 12.16 installation again, and check results after its installation.

Note: Step 1 is mandatory to be performed, because these settings are the causes of the issue.

Unfortunately, the problem still persists

even after the suggested steps the issue is persisting ?
could you please collect the fresh log reports and share it to the same email received from the support team. I will follow up with them to analyse the same.