Microsoft Edge can not open any website or page when contained/sandboxed

Since I can not find the bug report session in the forum, I put it here.

Steps:

1. Sandboxed the Microsoft Edge browser (Latest chromium-based version) in the containment of XCS.
  2. Try to open any website.

Results:
Microsoft Edge can not open any website or page when contained/sandboxed.

Version:

1. Windows version: Windows 11 x64 22H2
  2. XCS version: 12.13.0.9089

Additional note:
This bug was found when I was using CIS, however, there has been no response or fix even though I has reported it in the old CIS forum years ago. Today when I tried XCS, I found this issue also existed in the latest version.

Besides, google chrome and other chromium-based browsers don’t have this issue when sandboxed in the containment. Since Microsoft Edge has been integrated as the default browser in Windows 10 and Windows 11, I think this issue should be fixed.

hi @Redstraw

Apologize that you are facing this issue.

Request you to drop an email all the details to " support@xcitium.com " which will automatically create ticket. Internal discussions about your issue have already begun and opening a ticket provides us with a communication path between you and support. The follow up process is also will be crystal clear as all you would require is to reply back to the same reply email with your queries and doubts which you receive back.

Please make sure to include your contact information when you drop the email.

Thank you!

@nivedithab The details were sent to the mentioned email address.

@Redstraw , the team will be working on it to get the bug your facing resolved and they will reach out to you in email for further details if any needed for investigation.
If you have any screenshot or error logs you can share the same to the same trail mail which the team will take it further.

I also reported this before that edge has no connection in containment.

@QuickSilverST The developer explains that this issue is due to “XCS does not allow access to COM/DCOM for contained applications by default”. However, Edge NEED to access COM/DCOM.

The solution is manually adding the Edge application into the exclusion of ‘Do not restrict access to COM/DCOM for apps’ in the advanced setting of containment.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe

It works well here. However, I’m unsure whether this operation will induce potential security risks since Edge application can access the COM/DCOM. If the Edge is utilized by malware…