Please could a script be created to extend the Windows RE partition

Please could a script be created to extend the Windows RE partition to overcome issues with MS updates not installing? For this script to work, PowerShell scripts must be enabled before it is run and then disabled after use.

hi @nct

I will forward your request to the concern team and request them to get back to you

Hi @nct ,

Thanks for your script request. We have created an internal ticket “CS-52895” to our script developer and their feedback will be shared with you.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

1 Like

Hello! We are also hoping to implement this script into our environment, as we are getting hundreds of alerts of failed patch installations due to this bug

We see the same with failed updates.

I’ve been testing the initial script provided to me today by the Scripts Team and so far it’s working well. I’ll be continuing my testing tomorrow.

Thanks Xcitium for this extremely useful script which is now available from: script to extend WinRE partition

If anyone experiences problems with it not running, add c:\programdata\Resize_script.ps1 to Settings > System Templates > File Groups Variables > Global Allow List

1 Like

Thank you @nct for taking your valuable time to provide feedback about the script.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

It is also necessary to trust this file, and for the script to work correctly, I suggest you upgrade your profiles to V7.3 to ensure you are not missing new system default exclusions etc.