Questions about COMODO x XCitium

Hello Xcitium team,
I have several doubts that wouldn’t fit into this first topic that I’m creating now, but let’s go, I’ll try to clarify these doubts, if possible, someone can answer, I’d be grateful.

1 - Who is now developing all the security software that used to be from Comodo and is now from XCitrum?
2 - I wanted to know why CIS updates take longer than competitors?
3 - Why do competitors have the program updater and CIS doesn’t?
4 - Why do competitors have Windows cleaning of temporary files and CIS doesn’t?
5 - Why is the competitor’s database larger than CIS or XCitium?
6 - XCitium or CIS observing the competitor, KASPERSKY, you have already seen his system, and it is very robust and full of functionality, which he did not see fit to install to test, and it is something very big. Now comes the question. Why doesn’t CIS or XCtium have all these features like its competitors, KASPERSKU, BITDEFENDER, NORTON AND ESET?
7 - Because CIS and XCitium do not have an extension for the browser like Kaspersky, ESET, NORTON, AVAST, AVG and others.
8 - Because CIS and XCITIUM stopped participating in the AV-TEST and AV-COMPARATIVES tests, these systems test antiviruses and many users choose their antivirus based on these tests.
9 - Why don’t CIS and XCitium have a password manager?
10- Why doesn’t CIS or XCitium have the tool that many tools have to check your email and is the data leaked on the dark web?

Note: I stop here because there would be more, but I prefer to talk at another time, if someone could explain to me all these doubts that were raised here in this topic I would be grateful.

Remembering that we are open to a calm, friendly debate.
Because there are things that in 2024 other software have and CIS and Xcitium don’t have, I’m worried.

Big hugs to everyone. Let’s start the debate responsibly and without fanaticism.

hi @New_Style_xd

thank you for writing to us. I will check with the internal backend team and get back to you on your questions,
Thank you.

1 Like

Okay my friend, I’ll be waiting.

Hello XCitium Community,
I’m here to find out my answer to what I said, it’s been days.
I want to know what your team’s response was? :thinking:

hi @New_Style_xd

apologies for the delay, I have requested the product management team to look into your query, once they revert backt I shall update you. Thank you

1 Like

@nivedithab so the team should update on these questions soon right?

1 Like

hi @Nik

I have already informed the product management team to look into this and they will be providing their feedback.

thank you

Why would Comodo spend money developing a password manager? There are plenty of companies offering this service:

1 Like

Hello goodnight @domo78
Who can answer this better than me, and the AV products that have these tools, they were able to say why they created the managers and others.

Hello @New_Style_xd ,

Wouldn’t it simply be to make money and hook their users?

Do you see Comodo offering a free password manager like they do with CIS?
What’s more, XCitium’s business is primarily with companies, some of which are equipped with dedicated password management software.

Hi @New_Style_xd!

Thank you for asking these comprehensive questions that you want to clarify and for providing us with the opportunity to share information!

I apologize for the late reply. You can view the answers I have collected for your questions below:

1 - Who is now developing all the security software that used to be from Comodo and is now from Xcitium?

Product development activities are provided by Xcitium, formerly known as Comodo Security Solutions. As a rbranding activities were carried out, the Xcitium brand was born.

2 - I wanted to know why CIS updates take longer than competitors.

We provide an annual roadmap planning for all products. We carry out extensive testing activities before each new version is released. Especially in agent tests, we are likely to encounter unforeseen errors due to end-user environment differences. For this reason, we may experience delays in beta package releases. We apologize for this.

3 - Why do competitors have the program updater and CIS doesn’t?

We have an automatic updater mechanism, but we have not activated it in beta packages yet. For details, you can check the relevant help guide page: Comodo Internet Security Software Updates, Download Software Updates | COMODO

4 - Why do competitors have Windows cleaning of temporary files and CIS doesn’t?

Comodo Internet Security is designed and developed to provide a protection plan against internal and external threats by combining a powerful antivirus, enterprise-class packet filtering firewall, and a threat containment system that automatically runs unrecognized files in a secure, virtual environment. When harmful content is detected among the specified temporary files, it carries out cleaning and activation activities of the containment system. But otherwise, it does not carry out any cleaning activity.

5 - Why is the competitor’s database larger than CIS or Xcitium?

Xcitium has a database that has no rival in the world regarding file verdicts. It is the only vendor that can provide performance reporting on the files it detects on a weekly basis. Please review Xcitium Transparency Page - Historical Statistics for details.

Decision analysis systems consist of multiple techniques to ensure a detailed analysis of each file presented before a decision is made. To do this, Verdict uses two types of technologies: Automated analysis and Human Expert analysis. While these analyses are provided, “Unknown” type files are kept in containment until the verdict is given. Therefore, it does not need large database sizes.

For details, you can review it here: Introduction To Xcitium Verdict File Verdict System, Malware Scanner | Xcitium

6 - Xcitium or CIS observing the competitor, KASPERSKY, you have already seen his system, and it is very robust and full of functionality, which he did not see fit to install to test, and it is something very big. Now comes the question. Why doesn’t CIS or Xcitium have all these features like its competitors, KASPERSKU, BITDEFENDER, NORTON AND ESET?

Xcitium has a wide range of features and functionality that a lot of our competitors lack as well such as Remote Monitoring and Management, Patching, Device Control, DLP, and more on top of our advanced protection capabilities and EDR.

7 - Because CIS and Xcitium do not have an extension for browsers like Kaspersky, ESET, NORTON, AVAST, AVG and others.

Our solution does not require an extension for the browser in order to protect the device.

8 - Because CIS and XCITIUM stopped participating in the AV-TEST and AV-COMPARATIVES tests, these systems test antiviruses and many users choose their antivirus based on these tests.

Xcitium continues to participate in a variety of 3rd party anti-virus testing. Recent Results In March 2024 » AVLab Cybersecurity Foundation

9 - Why don’t CIS and Xcitium have a password manager?

Password manager is not one of the products that Xcitium has. You can clarify Xcitium’s position in the cyber security world by watching this video: https://youtu.be/Frx52YMHZ24?si=ZLhU6uadTv-3n72u

10- Why doesn’t CIS or Xcitium have the tool that many tools have to check your email and is the data leaked on the dark web?

It has Comodo Email Security products. For details, you can review the links below:
Secure Email Gateway | Best Email Security 2024

Best regards,
Xcitium Product Management Team

4 Likes

@New_Style_xd there is your questions and answers from Xcitium/Comodo

1 Like

Thank you for answering my questions.

1 Like

sorry if im getting it wrong but cis (latest final release we have) has horrible malware virus capabilities and most of the time it doesn even recognize malwares as malwares.

i like the containment a lot but the av is a no go for many of us.

can you please explain your statement at item 5 a little bit?

Hi vit,

Explaining this for you.

When a file makes first contact on your device, multiple functions are ran, including checking information about the new file. If a signature is already at that time known malicious and labeled, the file will be quarantined or blocked according to software configuration. Equally, if the antivirus module detects one or more threat conditions thru heuristics, it’ll be blocked at that point additionally.

If the file or object has no “known malicious” signature at this point, but is not “known clean”, it exists in the “inbetween” of containment. It is totally okay for malware, to exist, in said containment. Not preferrable, obviously, but it’s the point OF it. Programs and files can run in containment, where they’re in what is essentially a “bomb defusal box” on your PC. While programs are virtualized/contained, they’re monitored for suspicious activity, and you’d be alerted if it was detected - this information also contributes to the detection and flagging of malware at-runtime.

This entire time, the file was already uploaded to Verdict Cloud/Valkyrie pending automated and manual human analysis. If the computers say the file or object is safe, AND the human says it’s safe, THENNNNNNNNNN the file gets let out of containment and is able to “run raw” on your device, eg not virtualized. If automated or human analysis detects malware, a signature is issued, a signature that would come full circle as an antivirus alert.

If your mechanism for testing COMODO or XCITIUM products is “install, click scan, anything not removed is undetected malware”, this is an incorrect testing logic

A vendor that relied on “on sight” detection mechanisms only, signatures being one of them, would traditionally want a “massive database of things to block” because that’s likely the only chance they get to protect you - DETECT it, and block it.

However, within the COMODO/XCITIUM stack, you should consider their protection and detection technologies more of a “waterfall”, and less of a “singular security checkpoint”. If you download malware, and they don’t immediately detect it - that’s okay, they might not yet know it’s malware yet either, but you as a user are still protected while they figure out if it’s malicious or not, versus an alternative vendor where you might download and run malware that’s only later labeled as malware, with the damage already done because the payload was able to execute on-device without detection or containment.

XCITIUM is quickly building a respectable signature set - and in the meantime, continues to offer powerful technology that makes “having less signatures than other vendors” forgivable.

3 Likes

BeeHive Client Security 13 is out?

Xcitium’s rolling releases are the lates available to all platform users

Your BeeHive Verdict Cloud returns a verdict in 45 seconds or less with automated analysis

This is a unilateral feature of the XCITIUM platform.

nice explanation but nothing to do with my statement and the user who was asked did not respond to my question.

i like cis containment technology a lot. I use it. But there is no argument that will change reality. Just watch my videos testing CIS. All malwares get blocked or sandboxed but not by the av module. The av module did not identify almost nothing from 100 malwares tested. That doesnt means CIS is bad in protection. In fact, its a great solution and I explain that in my videos, but again, the av module is bad, really bad. Thats why I asked explanations regardless what the guy posted at item 5.

1 Like