We’re excited to inform you that the latest version of Comodo Dragon Platform will go live in the third week of September 2021.
The release schedule will be as follows:
US Region -> The release will start on 15th September 2021 Wednesday at 1 AM EDT
EU Region and agents -> The release will start on 16th September 2021 Thursday at 5 AM GMT
The release is expected to take 30 minutes to deploy, during that time the platform will be under maintenance mode, where you may observe minor glitches. If you observe any issues, please feel free to share with us.
Dragon Enterprise & Platform Portals
- ● API Tokens should be passed to account admin when related staff is deleted.
- When an API token is generated under a staff, it can be still used even if the staff is deleted. The ownership of the API token is now passed to the account admin user.
- ● Events/Alerts Improvements
File path and file name are shown for EDR Malware events/alerts now. Autorun Ignore type was removed from EDR alerts.
● UI Improvements
Brighter colors are used now on the pie chart on the Dragon Enterprise dashboard.
● Refactoring for Performance and Scalability Issues
Refactoring has been done for performance and scalability issues.
- ● Alerts cannot be sent to MDR in some cases
- ● Restart Control Options for CCS
- ○ Restart control options to Comodo Client - Security uninstallation
- Restart control options are added to Comodo Client - Security Uninstallation wizard.
- ● Whitelisting/Blacklisting Improvements
- ○ Add default HIPS, Containment and Firewall whitelist rules for commonly used apps and actions
Whitelisting is made easier! From now on, the only thing you will need to do is to add file paths under “Global Whitelist” default file group variable (empty by default) and voila! All necessary exclusions are already in place on several security-related components, like Antivirus, Containment, HIPS and Firewall.
Moreover, additional whitelisting rules for commonly used applications are added on HIPS, Containment and Firewall sections on default profiles. Additional rules are disabled by default, where you can enable them if needed.
○ Extend Predefined Antivirus Exclusions for Improved Performance
Files related to Windows Update, Windows Security, Windows Group Policies and Windows User Profiles are excluded from Antivirus scans in order to increase performance. Those exclusions are enabled on all predefined profiles.
- ● Unable to change files rating under Autoruns through portal.
● Pagination is missing for Application Control
Comodo Client Security & EDR
- ● Operating System Support
○ CCS Support for Windows 11
Comodo Client - Security now fully supports Windows 11.
- ● Breach Prevention Improvements
○ Terminating full process tree after detection
From now on, when a malicious process is detected, entire process tree can be terminated instead of only termination of the malicious process
○ Block Option for SQL Script Execution via Virtualized OSQL and SQLCMD
SQL script executions by some applications via OSQL and SQLCMD can now be blocked.
○ Synchronous Local Verdict Server Lookup Option
From now on, Comodo Client - Security can be configured to use synchronous Local Verdict Server lookup, which will ensure that a file has the most recent rating.
● CIS Report Tool Improvements
From now on, CIS Report tool collects much more different kinds of data in order to betterunderstand the problematic area(s) whenever an issue occurs. Moreover, EDR logs are now being collected.
● Ability to Turn On/Off HIPS and Firewall Application Rules
HIPS and Firewall rules can now be turned off, which will allow users to temporarily or permanently disable rule(s) without deletion.
- ● Different behavior for an application running inside and outside of Containment (Kryptik not working incontainment)
● Unable to type Chinese symbols in Containment
● File association problem for MS Office files (EDR Agent)
Device Management & Licensing
- ● Latest Stable Agent Versions
○ Latest Stable version option on Agent Update Settings
We are introducing the “latest stable” version under Agent Update Settings. You will be able to choose “Latest Stable Version” and make sure that the agent gets the update only after a newer version is marked as “stable”.
- ● Bulk Installation Package Improvements
○ Signed Bulk Package
From now on, you will be able to download and execute default signed bulk packages, which will prevent Microsoft Windows UAC warning messages when installer is executed. You will still be able to customize your bulk packages according to your needs.
○ Shortened URLs for Bulk Installation Package Links
Enrollment and bulk package links will be offered in shortened form in order to increase usability and distribution.
● Export Functionality for Global Software Inventory
Global Software Inventory can be exported to csv.
● Android MDM Report
Android MDM report can be generated under the reports section, including much information regarding your Android devices.
● Multiple Sessions to Same Endpoint
Remote Control now supports multiple sessions to be opened to the same endpoint at the same time. This way, you will be able to take control of the same endpoint from different machines simultaneously.
● Customer selection dropdown list on Change Owner popup menu
Customer selection dropdown list is added to Change Owner popup menu
● Sending a single invoice to partners including all usages of their clients
From now on, a single invoice will be sent to partners including all usages of their clients.
- ● Portal Auto-Reactivation
○ Automatic restore of Endpoint Manager portal from On Hold state due to inactivity when user logs in
Endpoint Manager now automatically restarts account restoration process when an account is on hold because of inactivity.
● “Service Availability Check” procedures links under Comodo Client - Security install page and on Device List
From now on, you will be able to check our firewall requirements for before you install Comodo Client - Security
● Missing Available Comodo AEP Seat Warning
While you are deploying Comodo Client - Security agent to your endpoints, there will be a warning message shown if you don’t have enough Comodo AEP seats, indicating that the system will switch to postpaid for overuses.
- ● Acronis Payment issue
● Unable to enroll a user for AEP on MacOS
● Unable change owner for bulk with 20 devices. Server error 502.
● Certificate issue with macOS installation packages - packages can be installed ONLY after manual approval by end-user
● Third-Party app scan is not being finished
● Bug allowing to install CCS on Linux and macOS endpoints despite “Comodo Client - Security” extension is disabled
● 3rd party patch operations occur for declined apps
● Companies are not populated within Beta reports
● Not Sending EDR Trial License Expiration Emails
● Malware Status table contains incorrect data in Executive Windows Antivirus Report
● EM sends New Infection Detected alert for the same item every time the item reported from the device
● Bulk installation package is blocked on Windows 10 21H1
● A search for Vulnerability CVE-2021-34527 in comodo showed no results
● A license key should not be used on multiple portals
Secure Internet Gateway
- ● Unable to access two public domains with SIG agent installed
● Turkish websites cannot be categorized on CWF
Secure Email Gateway
- ● Unable to access SEG Enterprise from C1 portal
● LDAP filtering issue
● Missing Emails with no classification
New Portal Versions
New Windows Client Versions
Comodo Communication Client (Windows): 6.42.40854.21090
Comodo Remote Control (Windows): 6.42.40803.21090
New MacOS Client Versions
Comodo Communication Client (MacOS): 6.42.40864.21090
Comodo Remote Control (MacOS): 6.42.40804.21090
New Android Client Versions
Mobile Device Management Client: 220.127.116.11
Product Management Team