Script Request - About Vulnerability List or Patch List

Hi, Script Master

Request a script here for a list of vulnerabilities and patches that are not installed and vulnerable devices.

I know that the EM platform can export and consolidate it by itself, but now the customer wants to automatically compile and send an email to inform them of what vulnerabilities and patches have not been updated, and which devices are vulnerable to attack, and ask the script master for help.

Thanks

Hi @allen

Thanks for your script request.

We can only list pending patch update and if there is any pending patch update we can use that to tell which system is up-to-date with the patch and which doesn’t.

If the endpoint system has any pending OS patch update, we can send the list of pending os patch update to the email with a message saying that this system is vulnerable and requires to install pending patch update.

We will share script once prepared by our script developer.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

1 Like

Hi @PremJKumar

Thank you for your reply. Of course, the customer is concerned about the patches and vulnerabilities that need to be updated. The key point is that the data of all endpoints can be integrated into a report and output to the customer, so that he can regularly understand the vulnerabilities of the devices in his environment and make improvements.

Hi @allen ,

Please check this script developed by our script developer and run it as a “Local System User”.
Note: Please check the description before executing the script

https://scripts.xcitium.com/frontend/web/topic/script-to-check-and-send-pending-os-patch-updates-to-mail

We are trying a script to have all reports in one location for easy access, which will be shared once ready.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @PremJKumar

I’m not sure which operation is wrong. I followed his instructions to set up the mailbox and run it, but I didn’t receive the notification email.

Hi @allen ,

We will ask the script developer to check and update you.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @allen ,

Our script developer checked again and they didn’t get any issue. Our script developer wanted to verify whether there is any update that the script didn’t detect or if there is no update.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @PremJKumar

If the device does not have an updateable patch, the email will not be sent?

Thanks

Hi @allen ,

Yes, you are right. Email won’t be sent if there is no pending patch update.

Kind Regards,
PremJK