Script Request: Modal Message Box To Alert Users

Greetings,

Can you please create a script that displays a pop-up message box with the following:

1. Must be a modal window (opens not minimized and displays over all open windows)
  2. Has a title of “RESTART REMINDER”
  3. Has a message of "REMINDER! Your computer will install Windows Updates TOMORROW night. Your computer will automatically restart after installing the updates. Please remember to save all work, close all applications, and leave your computer powered on. "
  4. Has an OK button only
  5. Logs whether the user clicks OK or closes the window without clicking OK

Thank you!
Matt

1 Like

Hi @NTELogic ,

Thanks for your script request. We have shared your request with our script developer and provide feedback. Please note this ticket ID - CS-52169 as a reference.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @NTELogic ,

Please check your private message where we have shared the script in JSON to test, please run the script as “Logged in User” and let us know if you need any changes.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

The script works perfectly, thank you! How can I setup a procedure to run this script on the first and third Wednesdays of each month? I’ve created a profile and added it to the desired endpoints. For the schedule I can choose weekly (every Wednesday) or monthly (numbered days of the month).

1 Like

Also, would it be possible to add an image/logo file to the displayed box?

Thank you again!
Matt

Hi @NTELogic ,

Thanks, we have shared your request with our script developer and check and update the script if possible.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

We tested the revised script and it works perfectly! Thank you and the Xcitium team for always being so helpful!

Matt

1 Like

Hi, is this possible?

Yes… I figured it out. We setup a Maintenance Window in the Profile, and set it to Week of Month schedule, tagged Wednesday, and set it to 1st and 3rd.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:
Matt

Hi @NTELogic ,

Thanks, we are glad that the script worked well. Will share your appreciation with our script developer.

You can schedule and run the procedure with the help of this guide
https://help.comodo.com/topic-463-1-1029-15729-Add-a-Procedure-to-a-Profile---Procedure-Schedules.html

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi, can this script be sent to me as well?

Were you able to get the script? If not, DM me and I’ll send it to you.

Hi @jakeritter ,

We are extremely sorry for not responding to you. We have shared the script to your Inbox as a private message. We will ask our script developer to publish the script too in the backend.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @jakeritter ,

The script has been published in the backend
https://scripts.xcitium.com/frontend/web/topic/script-to-display-custom-pop-up-message-with-custom-image

Kind Regards,
PremJK