Script request:Used to uninstall an application and put it into silent mode

HI Script Master

Can I ask for a script to uninstall installed applications?

I know that you can directly issue a command to remove it on the EM platform, but sometimes it is not in silent mode, so as long as the user refuses, the program will still exist, which makes this function not so practical, so I would like to ask if There is an opportunity to achieve this using a script.

Thanks

hi @allen

I have forwarded your request to the concern team to get back to you on this.

Thank you

Hi @nivedithab

Thanks for your reply, I’m waiting for your good news.

Thanks

Hi @allen ,

We have shared your script request with our script developers, ticket ID = CS-53061 for reference.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

I’m not sure if this can be achieved.

Hi @PremJKumar

Where can I check this ticket?

Thanks

That’s why I asked, if the script master can solve this problem, I would be very grateful, I know there is a certain degree of difficulty in this matter.

Hi @allen ,

Our script developer expressed that it is not possible to create a generic uninstall script to uninstall whatever application we want. As every application has its own uninstall string and its own silent uninstall arguments. so it is not feasible to create a generic uninstall script.

but one thing we can do is you can provide the application’s uninstall string and its silent uninstall argument to uninstall the application.

We have shared the script as JSON as a private message to your Inbox.

but still, some application requires you to make some changes in the application settings manually before you uninstall it using the script. In that case, it is difficult to execute.

Kind Regards,
PremJK