Security Client auto-install

I’ve been pouring through the Profile settings trying to figure out what happened. I installed Endpoint Manager on a group of endpoints, and intentionally did not install CCS on them (I tried once before, but they became unresponsive until I was able to get CCS removed.)

However, while trying to do some inventory cleanup, I added these devices to a group, and it auto assigned my production profile. When I check the audit logs, it shows that I sent a command to these devices to install CCS and suppress the reboot. Note: I did not manually do this.

Anywho, my question is- is there a setting in the profile configuration I’m missing, or is it expected behavior for CCS to automatically install under certain conditions?

hi @kwallity

under the profile setting there is an option “Updates” which will help you to mention the update cycle for the enrolled devices under the profile. You can validate the settings once.

hi @nivedithab

I’ve found this, but the Security client settings are disabled. If it were turned on, it would have been my prime suspect.

If that were enabled, would that cause an automatic install of the XCS/CCS client? If it did I’d be fine with that, though it still doesn’t explain my current weirdness…

Hi @kwallity

Could you try uninstalling the XCS and check once again if its getting installed again.

Also do share us the logs and screenshot of any details available.