Uninstall and update not working from console

Does the back end not work?

Requested security client to be updated but nothing happens and nothing is in the logs either.
Tried to uninstall EDR and nothing happens either with no log entries.

hi @SmartCloud

could you try the command again, also run the CISReport tool to capture logs and share us the details.

Did it again and nothing is showing in the logs in the console.
Shoudlnt it show there regardless what happens on the remote device?

It should capture the logs if there is any issue with installation or updating, can you check in the endpoint manager portal within the device under logs section and share the screenshot to our support email address to check this issue

under details within msi installation could you check if there is any error showing and also share that screenshot as well along with device name details when dropping the email

Nothing there like I already said.
So that means its something on your end.

is it possible for you to capture a screen recording from the start till the end and share it with us ,

So you want a video of me clicking the buttons in the console?
I hope thats not what you are asking since that would be dumb as hell.

@SmartCloud , I understand your concern, our team would analyze the screen recording as you have said logs were not captured , also request you to drop email to our support@xcitium.com email address to create issue ticket for the same

@nivedithab needs it because she can share it with the team and then they fix it

Something to note: You have to go in and manually enable logging for your profile under Configuration Templates (I just found this myself and am currently testing for my environment). MSI installation state is automatic, installation and uninstallation is not.

But, agreed @SmartCloud in this instance there’s nothing a video will show. It would likely be more effective for support to access your portal and check settings on your side and theirs and see what went wrong. It could be an issue with the Communication Client, or even a network issue causing a slowdown in commands sent/received or being lost altogether.

Yes, for this purpose I had also requested @SmartCloud to drop an email to the support@xcitium.com which will help our team to reach back to him and resolve the issue side by side.

2 Likes

If you have enabled Sharing of updates between clients then disable it. There are two places where this setting can be found, one is in the profile which you would have created and one is under the portal settings that overrides the profile settings

Xcitium Enterprise Admin Guide - Communication Client and Xcitium Client - Security Application Update Settings | Xcitium (comodo.com)

2 Likes

Shoudlnt it show in YOUR log files that the command was sent the response?
Also what does uninstalling have to do with Sharing updates?

@SmartCloud
Request you to share account admin, device name, which exactly operation was performed - command for what was sent (update/uninstall/install)?
I will forward these details to backend team to investigate further

Its important that the Commands Queue tab be given to the Xcitium customers as well. I know that this feature is recently added in ITarian which allows us to see if the command was sent and and the response. It helps a lot for troubleshooting. Otherwise we send the command and then become clueless where did it go.
You can refer to this image & the discussion is in this link [ITA-28] ability to stop procedures | Voters | ITarian

3 Likes

YES! We need thisASAP!

Hi @myr ,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. It will be available on the Xcitium Platform with our future releases. We will announce it in the release notes as we release, please stay tuned to the release note announcements.

Kind regards,
Elif

Thank you. The on demand procedure run goes through a queue system is what we were told. so if you guys can work on that to prioritize the procedure run in the queue then it will be great. The complaint that i receive mostly is that they run the procedure and it does not run on time and they end up running multiple times and then the entire queue of the commands run at the same time.