Windows Event Error guard64.dll

Hi folk,

error log says:

Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume8\Windows\System32\guard64.dll

hmmm okay , it will me say ??? is that problem solved ? what is to do ?

Thanks reader … greetz WhiteGeek

I’m also getting this error every 1 to 3 minutes. My log has over 8000 of these now since 5 days ago.

I am having this error logged for 3 months now… I’ve tried with reinstalling CIS but it didn’t help… Did you find any viable solution ?

I am also seeing this on our devices. Anybody find anything more?

I have also had this problem on multiple machines on our network. I had to remove Comodo Client - Security, but if I add it back in, the problem comes back. This is a problem since our virus protection depends on Comodo Client - Security. Comodo is conflicting with Windows Updates is my suspicion. I have had this problem occur on both virtual and desktop machines. The complete error that I am getting is:

Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device error.

File Name: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\guard64.d ll

This is event error 5038…Microsoft Windows security auditing.

I see a time span from Aug 2020 to May 2021. Is Comodo working on this problem at all? Seems pretty important to me.

Me 2, I have this problem for long time, it always make windows black screen and very annoying and I really want to uninstall comodo now… please fix it asap