Xcitium 2023/Q3/Sprint 4 Xcitium Platforms & Agents Release (September 20-21)

Hello everyone!

We’re kindly pleased to inform you that the latest version of Xcitium Enterprise & Platform is live now!

The release schedule was implemented as follows:

• US Region Portal: The release will start on Wednesday the 20th of September 2023, starting at 01:00 AM EDT.
  • EU Region Portal: The release will start on Thursday the 21st of September 2023, starting at 06:00 AM BST.
  • Agents : The release will start on Thursday the 21st of September 2023, starting at 01:00 AM EDT.

The release was implemented within 30 minutes of deployment, during release time the platform could be under maintenance mode, where you might observe minor glitches.

And if you observe any issues after release, please feel free to share them with us.​

Xcitium Enterprise & Platform

Improvements

• The Enable Managed Protection option is now set as disabled and unchecked by default under device enrollment.
  • The data storage unit (in KBs) within the ‘Script Analysis’ section is now added.

Bug-Fixes

• Fixed an issue of undisplayed Data Loss Prevention (DLP) discovery logs in the Endpoint Manager (EM) portal and corrected the action value in Data Loss Prevention (DLP) monitoring logs.
  • Fixed missing newly detected script items in the Endpoint Manager portal.

Xcitium Client Security – Windows

Bug-Fixes

• Fixed an issue of the endpoint communications agent cmdagent.exe file crashing in the 12.10.0.8697 version of a Windows 10 endpoint.
  • Fixed an issue of the Xcitium Client Security (XCS) Autorun Scans & Monitoring feature incorrectly detecting an .lnk file itself instead of the target object.
  • Fixed an issue of Internet Explorer not starting as expected via its Widget on Windows 11.
  • Fixed an issue of a long-duration loading of the log-in after AV is enabled.
  • Fixed an issue of “Terminate and Disable” boot protection monitoring to properly remove files instead of removing WMI autorun entries.
  • Fixed an issue of “Terminate and Disable” boot protection scanning to properly remove files instead of removing WMI autorun entries.
  • Fixed an issue of boot scanning not terminating embedded code autorun entries as expected.
  • Repaired the process for dumping crash logs on Windows 10 x64 hosts in the event of a cmdagent.exe crash.
  • Fixed an issue of the autorun process getting quarantined after an operating system reboot and kept in quarantine even if the autorun configuration is disabled.
  • Fixed an issue of the Xcitium Client Security (XCS) 12.16 crashing when the Scan Results window was opened and closed during a boot scan.
  • Fixed an issue with the chained launch of CMD when a PowerShell operation lags or doesn’t resolve.
  • Fixed an issue of Xcitium Client Security (XCS) detecting a new network zone after each login if automatic zone creation is disabled.

Device Management

Improvement

• Ability to turn chatting on or off under profile management.
  • Ability to see Windows device event viewer with the new remote tool.

Bug-Fixes

• Fixed an issue of online devices generating an alert even though an offline monitor rule was assigned.

Agent Removal Tool- Windows

Bug-Fixes

• Fixed an issue with the Removal tool uninstalling Xcitium Client Security (XCS) via the portal command.

Appendix

New Portal Versions

• Endpoint Manager: 8.3

New Agent Versions

• Xcitium Client Security – Windows: 12.16
  • Xcitium Communication Client – Windows: 8.3
  • Xcitium Agent Removal Tool – Windows: 3.2.0.84

Signed Bulk Package Versions

• Xcitium Client Security – Windows: Latest Stable – 12.10
  • Xcitium Communication Client – Windows: Latest Stable – 8.2

Release Notes (.Pdf File Format)

Xcitium - 2023 September 20-21 Platform Release Notes.pdf (704.0 KB)

5 Likes

Great Release Guys and great bug fixes and improvements

2 Likes

@Umut Keep up the good work you are an amazing Staff Member

1 Like

@Umut
Hi Umut,

Will the XCS in bulk package installer be updated soon? I notice that it is still in version 12.15.0.9257.

Where is Elif Bengi? @Elif_Bengi Hi how are you

Hello @Redstraw, please check once again.
The deployment of the agent was today and it is fully deployed, including CDN synchronization. On the platform side, it is also updated and available for the bulk package right now.

Please let me know if you need anything else on this matter.

Kind regards,
Elif

1 Like

Hello Elif Bengi how are you i have not seen you in a while

Hi @Nik,

I’m around and doing great, thanks for asking!

I hope you are too?

1 Like

Yes i am too :slight_smile: its nice you are here on the forum with us

1 Like

but Ilgaz is always busy why?

being busy is a good thing @Nik :wink:

1 Like

Yes Ilgaz but try to be online on the forum 24/7

It works great for me now. Thanks.

2 Likes

@Elif_Bengi I find a minor bug. If you click the unrecognized file list ico on the the widget, the list window doesn’t show up.

@Redstraw Why is your Valkyrie not activated?

Hi @Redstraw ,

Could you please try with enabling the “Show file list” option under UI settings?

Kind regards,
Elif

@Elif_Bengi Can I implement it via the client setting as it can not access the dashboard. :joy:

Oh, I thought you were an admin and had access to the platform. @Redstraw.

For doing this, there is no option to enable this setting on the agent UI. However, it works as a list of files with the “Unrecognized" rating filter on the File List. So, you can go to File List and filter this list with the “Unrecognized” rating to see them.

Kind regards,
Elif