Xcitium Verdict Cloud

Hi All,

Xcitium Verdict Cloud - What are your take on enabling “Enable auto whitelisting if NO suspicious activities detected by automatic and/or human-expert analysis”.

Basically if it says its clean by FLS it will be on the safe list but if its malicious right here for me take an exeample of this sample

Dynamic Analysis says malware so its Blacklisted here is the sample for you if you want to check it

hi @LibreTech

This option means if Valkyrie set final rating “No Treat Found” file will by rated as Trusted on XCS side. In case option is disabled file will be rated as Unrecognized.

2 Likes

but if its Highly Suspicious by Static or Dynamic Analysis it will be on the XCS Blacklist

1 Like

Thanks for the responses but do you go ahead with enabling this feature?

@LibreTech , you can enable this option if it is suitable for your requirement. as far as it is up to your choice you can use the option.

1 Like

My recommendation is to NOT enable this. If a file is malware and Valkyrie has not rated it and is in for human analysis it will be allowed to run, if it is malware and enabled you could sit with infection. I know this as a very long time ago i tested ransomware and was partially infected and XCS broke. Tech support assisted me and recommended to disable this. I tested again and no infection issues.

2 Likes

for me Static and Dynamic Analysis does the job perfectly

I thought it might be useful to enable but was advised to not use it.

unknown
5977b4da597679497a6437753ddf9734af88db96

@nivedithab This file got caught by Static Analysis so its in the XCS Blacklist right?

yes @nik , it is already marked as Malware by the Static Analysis , the data is available in the overall database

1 Like