XCS 12.15 to 12.16 Update command failed

XCS 12.16 wont install i dont know why it says i have the latest version but that is not true i have 12.15
can someone help me please.

Thanks

hi @Nik

Apologize that you are facing this issue.
In order to further investigate the reported issue, please download and run the following report tool on the affected device: http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/cisreporttool/cisreporttool.exe

The tool collects both XCC & XCS logs and attempts to upload them to our SFTP (The device name is included in the name of the output).

Once the upload has been completed, Request you to drop an email all the details with the local device name to " support@xcitium.com " which will automatically create ticket. Internal discussions about your issue have already begun and opening a ticket provides us with a communication path between you and support. The follow up process is also will be crystal clear as all you would require is to reply back to the same reply email with your queries and doubts which you receive back.

Please make sure to include your contact information , all error screenshots and other details related to issue when you drop the email.

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks will do and hope the issue will be resolved

@nivedithab Ticket #1375 has been subbmited

Question, call me stupid if it’s a stupid question, but why the hell when I click update inside the security client, why is checking for a product update…not part…of that?

I cannot imagine that it’s impossible to check the account’s profile settings for “preferred versions” and compare client version to that version.

Last minute hotfix to 12.16 pls??? <3

Also, same for the communication client. Pls add a menu item on right click to “Check for Updates”, even if it’s minimal or no GUI.

First day alredy issues with XCS 12.16
It wont install…

Nik, just to be clear, you’re Pikachu-facing that software isn’t working 100% properly within a few hours of it’s “now you can have it” time…

Liiiiiiiittle bit more patience, brother. Even I gave em a heart <3

1 Like

@BeeHiveCyberSecurity True but it should install XCS 12.16 but it failed…

After a new version is released, from experience, it can take a couple of days for all the CDN servers to include the latest releases. Suggest you try again at the weekend.

1 Like

Ok thanks for suggestion i will try but i havbe reported this issue to the team

Hi @BeeHiveCyberSecurity,

The auto-update function is already available on the platform. (Profiles > Updates > Communication Client …)

Could you please share your use case on why you need an option on the agency side instead of through the platform?

Kind regards,
Elif

A: It seems counterproductive to have a button labeled “Update” that shows checking for updates for multiple items, and even has a message that says “Your product is up to date”, when the Update button doesn’t check for updates for the product ITSELF, so the product actually COULD be out of date. Walk thru this with me.

Right now, account and profile are set to prefer “latest builds”.

• I am currently running 12.15
  • I open XCS 12.15
  • I click update inside XCS 12.15, with my profile/account opted for the “Latest” branch, currently 12.16
  • XCS 12.15 says I’m up to date
  • I’m using XCS 12.15, not 12.16, I am not up to date according to preferences set.

B: User control is not something justification should be required for. Maybe we’re testing network settings, and want to make sure that update will function correctly, so we want to be able to manually click a button and see the PC call out to servers, see that traffic flows, etc.

C: Not all network environments may be compatible at any one specific time with XCS attempting to update; traffic could otherwise be blocked or redirected accidentally/by policy. Thus, helpful to be able to force a product version check thru the button that ALREADY says “Update”.

D: For customer troubleshooting flow, making “Have you checked for updates” a more centralized question for both recognizers, DB, and software itself. For security posture, this is a healthy question to ask frequently, and healthy action to DO frequently.

E: Compounding on D, studies show that businesses operating with outdated technology face a significantly higher risk of data breaches (65%) compared to those who regularly update their software and hardware (29%). The primary reason companies hesitate to embrace technology updates is the inconvenience it poses to their employees. Passing up the opportunity for a free chance to check for an available update in your organization’s security product is nonsense in today’s day and age.

F: It’s good to be able to manually confirm product connectivity if there have been install difficulties. There have been a few clients who had prior AV solutions in place which while common sense would say to uninstall those prior to XCS install, alas, they did not, BUT XCS installed without error or indication that the competitor AV had suppressed it into the depths, and the competitor AV did not give an alert it had tampered with XCS nor the firewall rules applicable to it, so upon restart, there was just…no outbound connectivity or responsiveness.

@Elif_Bengi your thoughts?

Hi @nct ,
Agents deployment has been completed successfully, including CDN sync. Could you please check it on your end and report if you face any issues?

Kind regards,
Elif

This is missing a very important feature of doing the updates in maintenance window. Because of this lack of feature we are updating the agents using procedures. And we can run the procedure in the maintenance window. So the best option to make this work is to include the maintenance window option.