with excessive cpu/ram usage,
on random clients with Win10 21H2, 22H2, Win11 22H2
reboot doesn’t help, update stuck for days

Remedy:

1. Uninstall CIS via Xcitium platform
  2. Clean registry
  3. Reinstall via platform

2 Likes

Yes, having the same issue. Also remove and reinstall via platform. I know a couple years back a support staff member also said not to update but rather remove current version and install latest version.

@QuickSilverST Yee J ITech Solutions you also use Xcitium AEP :smiley:

1 Like

Thanx,
managing around 400 EPs, the uninstall/reinstall option is not reasonable…
the update process must be rock solid!

Hello,
more issues detected:

high memory consumption on Server 2012 and 2016:

hi @stefanoradam

Apologize that you are facing this issue.

Our technical team requires logs to investigate further about the issue.
Request you to download and run the CisReportTool in order to collect the XCC and the XCS logs:

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/cisreporttool/cisreporttool.exe

The tool collects both XCC & XCS logs and attempts to upload them to our SFTP (Device name is included in the name of the output).

Once the upload has completed request you to drop an email all the details to " support@xcitium.com " which will automatically create ticket. Internal discussions about your issue have already begun and opening a ticket provides us with a communication path between you and support. The follow up process is also will be crystal clear as all you would require is to reply back to the same reply email with your queries and doubts which you receive back.,

please provide us with the local name of the device in order to identify the output on our side along with the account administration e-mail address.

Thank you!

Yes, same issue on some machines. Also, another annoying issue with 12.13 is when it’s installed on a machine that has POP/IMAP account and the block scripts from office docs are enabled in AV module, it blocks outlook from working and receiving emails, gives pop that you don’t have permissions to do these actions. If you disable this them some start to work and some don’t, then we need to remove and revert back to 12.10. Any one also having this issue?

For sure I’m using it hehe

@QuickSilverST Hey J ITech Solutions nice ur uploading Malware to Xcitium Valkyrie

Sweet man, anything i can do to help

Hi QuickSilverST,
I have been battling several issues with 12.13 and 12.14. Outlook has been an issue. I could not remove the XCS, got an error code 2203. I had my client leave her machine on over night and EDR and XCS uninstalled finally. The next morning I received a call that all of her printers were gone. I had to remove to KB updates that installed on 5/8/23 to fix. Everyday it is something different with different endpoints. BSOD, lockups, slow machine performance. It is quite disappointing after having a pretty good run for almost two years with one client.

hi @dickk_MpA ,

Apologize that you are facing this issue.

Our technical team requires logs to investigate further about the issue.
Request you to download and run the CisReportTool in order to collect the XCC and the XCS logs:

http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/cisreporttool/cisreporttool.exe

The tool collects both XCC & XCS logs and attempts to upload them to our SFTP (Device name is included in the name of the output).

Once the upload has completed request you to drop an email all the details to " support@xcitium.com " which will automatically create ticket. Internal discussions about your issue have already begun and opening a ticket provides us with a communication path between you and support. The follow up process is also will be crystal clear as all you would require is to reply back to the same reply email with your queries and doubts which you receive back.,

please provide us with the local name of the device in order to identify the output on our side along with the account administration e-mail address.

Thank you!

Hello,

Yes, i have experienced this as well, that there are always these little bugs. I have been using Comodo/Xcitium since 2016 and there are always issues. Sometimes i wanted to pull my hear and said some colorful words. There was a period like you mentioned where it was smooth sailing but some weird issues now of late. I had a couple older Dell laptops BSOD with the new 12.4 version, had to go back to 12.3 with them and seems fine. High CPU and Mem seems to an ongoing issue with the endpoint protection, and this is common with their antivirus. But, with all the issues, I have tested almost every antivirus home and business under the sun, Xcitum is still worth using it as the small issues it has now and then I can live with as the protection makes up for it. Also, some av have their own problems as well, believe me

Thanks for the encouragement. On one machine that uninstall and install over the top failed on I had to edit the registry and remove all references to Comodo and the Communications client as well as all files on the hard drive relating to Comodo\Xcitium. I ran the cleanup tool one more time and then re-installed everything, but stayed at 12.10. The original deployment was 12.9. I used to use Symantec Endpoint Protection. The company that was running SEP got hit with ransomware. Forensics team stated the the threat actors were on the network for eight months undetected. So I moved to Comodo and Malwarebytes. They have been playing well together for two years and now I have my hands full of trouble. It is something new every other day. It is expensive running two and I have to choose one or the other in a few months. Right now the Comodo \ Xcitium fuse is getting pretty short.

Yes, I hear what you say. Are you using the latest removal tool? It give the option to uninstall endpoint, agent and edr agent. If so, it strange as this works well to remove a buggy install. My advice is NOT to choose malwarebytes. I have a business account with a 1yr trail license. I have tested it and have tested malwarebytes home(i have a youtube channel testing malware) and is really really really not good. It’s good to scan for infection but NOT to protect the machine. Xcitium is hands down the best. Do you still have any issues with Xcitium?

@QuickSilverST Ye J ITech Solutions you have your yt channal :slight_smile:

Ya you where one of my first subs :slight_smile:

1 Like

@QuickSilverST can you do again Xcitium AEP tests

Yes, it’s on the pipeline as i want to test business products again for a bit

Hi QuickSilverST,
I rolled everything back to 12.10 and am still doing testing on the EDR segment. Things have settled down a bunch. I would like to see your Youtube channel sometime. What do I look for?