Request a script

Hi Script Master

Requests a script that can determine whether the device is connected through a proxy

Thanks

Hi @allen

I will request the concern team to get back to you

Thank you

Thanks for your reply, looking forward to the update.

Hi @allen ,

Can you please try this existing script and let us know if it sufficed your needs or do you need any modification?
https://scripts.xcitium.com/frontend/web/topic/retrieve-proxy-configuration-from-the-system

Kind Regards,
PremJK

HI @PremJKumar

I have tried this but it does not meet my expectations. What I want to make sure is to check whether CC is running through a proxy, not to make sure it can use the proxy to access the Internet. I use this script in a customer environment, The customer’s internal device can only use proxy to pass back, but I can only see the result “There is no proxy server used in the device”.

Hi @allen ,

Thanks for taking the time to try the script and provide your feedback. We have asked our script developer to check and provide the new script, which will be shared here once ready.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

@PremJKumar

Thank you for your reply, I will wait patiently.

Hi @allen ,

Our backend team has requested the following information to know how the proxy is configured in the endpoint.
Also please export and share the Registry hive
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

If an endpoint is online, you can use command line tools to perform the query:
reg query “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings”

Kind Regards,
PremJK

@PremJKumar

The export results are provided to you here.

C:\Users\allen>reg query “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings”

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
CertificateRevocation REG_DWORD 0x1
DisableCachingOfSSLPages REG_DWORD 0x0
IE5_UA_Backup_Flag REG_SZ 5.0
PrivacyAdvanced REG_DWORD 0x1
SecureProtocols REG_DWORD 0x800
User Agent REG_SZ Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
ZonesSecurityUpgrade REG_BINARY 4466C833E0E5D901
WarnonZoneCrossing REG_DWORD 0x0
EnableNegotiate REG_DWORD 0x1
ProxyEnable REG_DWORD 0x1
MigrateProxy REG_DWORD 0x1
SecureProtocolsUpdated REG_DWORD 0x1
LockDatabase REG_QWORD 0x1d9e5e1df7903d9
ProxyServer REG_SZ 192.168.50.144:3128
ProxyOverride REG_SZ local

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Cache
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Http Filters
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Lockdown_Zones
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Passport
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Wpad
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones

Hi @allen ,

Thank you so much for providing the required information. We have shared the details with our backend support team.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @allen ,

Please try this script as a “Local System User” and provide feedback
https://scripts.xcitium.com/frontend/web/topic/script-to-check-whether-communication-clientcc-is-running-through-proxy

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @PremJKumar

I have tested it here and the script can run normally on most devices.
A few cases will fail, but it has helped me a lot, thank you.

In addition, is there a possibility that he can display the proxy host and port together during the inspection?

Thanks

Hi @allen ,

Your query has been shared with our script developers.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @allen ,

Our script developer has updated the script to show the proxy host and port together when a proxy is used in the communication client.
https://scripts.xcitium.com/frontend/web/topic/script-to-check-whether-communication-clientcc-is-running-through-proxy

Kind Regards,
PremJK

HI @PremJKumar

Thank you very much for your help. This is the function I want. Thank you.

1 Like

Ensure you have the necessary permissions to access the registry. If you’re accessing the registry remotely, you might need administrative privileges. Make sure to replace the placeholder path in the export command with an actual path on your system. But if you have already decided to buy proxies it turns out to be not so easy, but you need to get your act together. Remember that modifying the registry can have significant consequences, so it’s always a good idea to create a backup before making any changes. I hope this helps! If you have further questions or issues, feel free to ask.